Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday Rockstar Blogging

Why not? There's Friday dog blogging and cat blogging and baby blogging... why not rockers?

I tend to neglect my blog (obviously). I work a lot of hours, plus I have my band. Rockstar blogging is something simple I can do to keep me writing. And it happens to be fun.

So the first featured rockstar is of course the Queen of Rock n' Roll, Joan Jett. You may think Jett's best days are behind her, but Joan is still "ruff, gruff, and buff" (I stole that from an article about her -- sorry, can't remember which one). Will I always feature female musicians? No. But despite my individualist ways, I can't help having a soft spot for cool rock chicks who are brave enough to break the mold. Oops, I'm sorry, did I just imply that women who don't choose to be musicians are somehow inferior? Wahhh! I'm criticizing women's choices! Boo-hoo! Sue me.

Jett in the late 70's or early 80's.


Definitely the 80's.


Joan Jett now.

Comments:
Man, I love these rock star blogs. Especially when Joan's name comes up. Kick ass, Joan!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?