Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Gettin' Buck Wild

I just ordered this book. Can't wait to get it!

Buck Wild: How Republicans Broke the Bank and Became the Party of Big Government (Hardcover)
by Stephen A. Slivinski

Editorial Reviews

Book Description

"If you fell into a coma in November of 1994 and woke up yesterday, a lot of things might surprise you. But nothing would baffle you more than what has happened to the Republican Party. Stephen Slivinski can explain. Buck Wild tells a painful story, but it's honest and true and well worth reading."

-TUCKER CARLSON, host of MSNBC's The Situation with Tucker Carlson and author of Politicians, Partisans and Parasites

"Buck Wild does more than reveal what's wrong with the Republicans. It reveals what's wrong with us, the voters who put them in office. Politicians are foxes. But we insist on believing that some are guard dogs. We elect them to watch the hen house, and on the first Wednesday in November there's nothing left but feathers."

-P. J. O'ROURKE, author of Parliament of Whores and Peace Kills

"During the course of Stephen Slivinski's superbly researched chronicle, we meet some true conservative heroes from whom we can draw inspiration for the future. Their constant courage, punctuated by occasional success, tells us that the fight against the Leviathan state might yet be won."

-JAMES P. PINKERTON, White House domestic policy aide under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush

A scathing look at how the Republican Party, once the paragon of fiscal conservativism, has embraced Big Government and become even more irresponsible with taxpayer money than the Democrats.

Via Amazon.

Comments:
Wow...the GOP figured out their party's got problems? GOP groupthink is on the way out? Who knew?
 
Thanks for buying my book!

I’ve been keeping track of blog mentions of my book through Google (isn’t technology wonderful?). I was especially intrigued with your blog since you’re a drummer. So am I. I play in a band composed of former and current staffers at Cato.

Based on the photos I see on this blog, I must compliment you on a very impressive kit. I’ve got a Tama Starclassic four-piece birch kit that I adore, although I am happiest when I'm surrounded by more cymbals than toms. (Maybe it’s an evolutionary thing, this attraction to shiny round objects.)

Anyway, it’s always fun to learn of a fellow libertarian who also happens to be an econ major, drummer and -- more importantly -- a proud owner of my book. Since that sort of person seems to represent a very small demographic, I figured I’d drop you a note of thanks.

I hope you enjoy the book. Any comments, reviews, and criticisms are welcome.
 
I received your book yesterday in the mail. I'm on chapter 2, and so far find it very informative. I didn't understand much about Reagan's presidency back in the day, since I was too little (and judging from your picture, you probably were too). Regarding the '84 election, my family tells me I declared that he won "in a landscape". Of course, I meant "landslide".

I would like to add more cymbals to my set. Right now I'm replacing the old ones you see in the pictures, except for the Zildjian Z Custom crash - that one is a keeper. I just bought the Neil Peart Paragon ride, and it is sweet.

I have to admit... I didn't have you pegged as a drummer. I shouldn't judge a book by its inside cover, eh?

At any rate, I'm anxious to finish your book. I found myself nodding a lot while reading the first chapter. "Sure, Big Government is bad, they admit in private, but only when the other guys are in charge." Nod.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?